So I’ve been here for just over a month I’ve been travelling into London for work for about 10 days.
Here’s a few things I’ve noticed:
- Everyone is always running for the train. They leave like every 3 minutes, so I just don’t understand the rush. But then again, I wouldn’t run if I was being chased by a brain-hungry zombie, so maybe I can’t really judge on this one.
- There will always be that one guy that insists on opening a newspaper on THE most crowded train. Thanks guy, that’s how I prefer my train rides – with a newspaper literally touching my eyeball.
- The amount of times I’ve messed up asking for a ticket. “Can I please get a single return to town?” *blank stare from the bus driver* “I mean ONE return, sorry.”
- It gets dark at like 16:30 and my body immediately wants to get into bed and fall asleep.
- There is nothing quite like a tiny train seat to make you realise you probably should start that diet you’ve been talking about for months.
- Everyone watches Love Island. And they are not ashamed to admit it.
- I’m fairly sure half the people in London aren’t even British.
- And even the people who are from here are really hard to understand. My brain needs a few seconds to translate English (UK) to English (SA) .
- Self-checkout is a novelty I will NEVER get bored of.
I’ll add more as I see them. Are there any cool/weird/funny things you guys can add t the list?